Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Art Deco Pumping Station - 'Middle of Nowhere'


This Art Deco pumping station was a real surprise find just outside of Burnie. It caught my eye whilst driving and it was hard to make out its art deco origins because of the painted mural all over it now. For the Deco purist, nothing would be better than to take to it with white or cream paint and restore it to its former glory! I have not seen a pumping station this 'art deco' before, and it was a joy to come across it!

1 comment:

  1. Did you know that this has since been demolished?

    A real shame, I reckon.

    ReplyDelete

About the project

Join me (Thomas Ryan Photography) on a photographic project documenting Tasmanian 20th Century Modernism from the 1930's to the 1980's. The entire project gallery of 1000+ images and counting can be viewed on my website www.tryanphotos.com under art projects. I have been undertaking this project for over a decade.

My portfolio of commercial and art projects can be seen on my website www.tryanphotos.com and I can be contacted here as well. All photographs are copyright of Thomas Ryan Photography. Unauthorised use is prohibited. Contact me for all enquires

Total Pageviews